~ Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
~ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
~ Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it’ll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
~Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
~If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
~You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf–to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
~There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
1. To be able to make it home for Christmas. (Or my wife.)
2. A new laptop for school. (Wireless and all.)
3. A new desktop fast enough to play games (nice cpu/memory/video card.)
4. More Anime.
5. More letters from friends and family.
6. More game programming, Japanese, or calculus books (so I can get a head start for class.)
7. Neverwinter Nights
8. A cool ebook reader.
9. More friends.
10. To not feel so damn lonely.
1. Who did you last get angry with? I don’t get angry, I get even.
2. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? My last ‘match’ in martial arts, I did a spin kick which she dodged and got her with a uppercut on the recover. Even with the pads, I’m sure it hurt… :/
3. How about of the same sex? Certainly.
4. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? Probably my wife.
5. What is your pet peeve? People who can’t drive. (Turn signals are there for a reason people.)
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you haven’t done in a long time? Daily? Write a letter.
2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up? My hours change often, as do my sleeping habits.
3. Name a person you’ve been meaning to contact, but haven’t: Parents 😡
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? Tired.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones…)?: No.
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in? A few weeks ago.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? Didn’t set the alarm clock today.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? Dr. Pepper?
2. Meat eater? Yes.
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event? Half a glass of Champagne on my 1 year anniversary.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? What’s a diet?
5. Do you have an issue with your weight? Need more muscle.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods? Sweets. I miss pork buns and yakisoba though.
7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought, “LUNCH!”? All the time. Ever see Excel Saga? Everyone needs an emergency food source! Also, does my wife count? *Licks his lips and smiles*
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)? I use public showers….
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)? Same as prior.
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? 😡
4. Have you “done it”? Duh.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? Hmmm….. teehee
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? My wife was dressed up like one when we first met. (Halloween party.) So does that count? Also…
*Story time* A while back, I might have posted it, there was this lady bawling in front of subway when I went to get me and my wife lunch. It was last winter and it was pretty cold outside and she didn’t have on any shoes or a jacket or anything. So, I drove her home like the sucker I am, and she told me her story about how she went to get some money by screwing some guy and after doing the deed he chased her out of the house with a gun and threw her clothes at her. I kindly told her to change per profession, but I drove her home anyway. When I arrived at her house, she offered to do ‘anything’ in exchange for the ride. I kindly declined. So, the answer is yes. */story time*
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? Military requires it on joining and once a year… the STD test, not pregnancy… just in case you were wondering…
1. How many credit cards do you own? Zero. Zip. None…. but it’s ok, my wife has enough for everyone.
2. What’s your guilty pleasure store? CompUSA
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it? Invest half of it, pay off bills and get a new computer with the rest.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous? Rich.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? Depends on the job. Most likely however.
6. Have you ever stolen anything? Stole lots from my friends list 😡
7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive? Lots.
1. What one thing have you done that you’re most proud of? Beautiful wedding. (Credit goes to dagger_garnet).
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of? Almost finished my degree. Got married?
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life? Be happy.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? Yes.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors? Yes. And I was pulled out of it. (Computer programming competition in high school. Pulled because I was caught hacking and they took away my computer privileges.)
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? I looked at the source of a military “take this until you pass” test and got 100%. Otherwise, no.
7. What did you do today that you’re proud of? Um.. I will clean my room. Yes I will. And I’ll be proud of that… once I finish this.. and that other one… and maybe a few more episodes of Naruto.
1. What item (or person) of your friends’ would you most want to have for your own? My friends NSX.
2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with? Yuck. Nobody.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? Nobody. I like my life as it is.
4. Have you ever been cheated on? With Aubree, yes.
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? Better eyes. I hate glasses.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? Stronger willpower.
7. Do you wish you’d come up with this survey? No.
8. Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin? Lust.
1. What religion do you follow? Agnostic, mostly.
2. What religion were you raised as? Mormon
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property? Human property.
4. Do you believe in magic? Yep. I actually try to harness it.
5. What was the last promise you broke? Mm. Nothing I can think of… hope I haven’t broken any!
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it? No.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect? Not in the true sense, no.
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season? True wants can only be achieved on ones own.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Happiness, success, and a couple children.
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure? I’m a total optimist, so all the time.
4. I don’t know where this question went … Me either…
5. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Yep.
6. Do you gamble? Nope.
7. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway? I might have… :/
1. What causes do you support? Peace, love, LAN parties.
2. What causes have you given money or time to? American Red Cross, Save the Children.
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless? Yes.
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another travel-inherent worldwide charity group? No.
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street? Not really.
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food? Of course!
7. What’s the greatest extent to which you’ve gone to help a friend in need? Let Bob live with me for quite a while.
1. What are you most afraid of? Losing the ones I love, and losing the respect of the ones I love.
2. What did you do today that was really brave? Eat at DFAC 1.
3. Who is your favorite super hero, and why? My brothers.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone? I thought I was…
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart? Brainsssssss. *zombie drool*
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower? Leader.
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty? Nope.
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would find some way out of it? I already volunteered.
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)? Yes.
4. What should be legalized? True freedom of speech. (No more censoring.)
5. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA? The census says yes.
6. What was your favorite media circus trial? OJ
7. Have you ever written a letter to a politician? No.
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on? Life.
2. Do you collect anything? Anime, Computers.
3. Are you addicted to anything? Caffeine. (Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew)
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan? Stereo system, College.
5. What’s your preferred method of paying for things? Debit Card
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn’t let yourself do: Aubree…
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things? No.
1. Who is the wisest person you know? Still looking…
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil? No.
3. Do you take advice when it’s given? Sometimes.
4. What area are you wisest in? Computers.
5. Do you drive defensively? I drive gun trucks across Iraq. I get to drive cars off the road if they get to close.
6. What did you learn in the last past week? The desert has very ODD weather. A little bit about screen, making cat5 cables, some perl, a little about the guts of a HP LaserJet Color 4600, a little bit more Japanese and a coupe Kanji and a few other odds and ends.