Since my birthday is a week from Saturday (Sept 5), my family has been asking me what I wanted. I keep telling them a gift certificate to Amazon or Thinkgeek, but they just tell me that a gift certificate is a cop-out. So, fine… I’ll actually make a list of stuff I want.
- Kindle DX – $489.00 – I specifically want the DX since it natively supports PDF documents. This way I can send ebooks I get to the device. Also, this way I can send writing group stuff to the device w/o having to convert it first. (Well, doc->pdf is fine now that M$ Word will do that on it’s own.) Expensive, yes, but oh so useful. I’m pretty sure I’ll get this one way or another by the end of the year, hence the reason I want Amazon gift cards… so I can buy books for it. 🙂
- Samsung SyncMaster T220 Widescreen LCD Monitor – $229.98 – I already have one of these monitors, and I would like to get another one (or one similar to match color tones/etc) for dual-screen display. They say another monitor increases productivity by 30%, so this will be a good investment. 🙂
- A new router! – $40-$120 – When I went out to get a new router, I instantly went for a WRT54G… just to find out that Cisco neutered it by making it only have 2MB flashable memory. So, I have to use DD-WRT micro. It’s crap! So, now I want a new router with at least 16MB memory that I can put DD-WRT/Tomato/whatever on it and use it as a VPN server among other things. (Hence, the newegg gift card. 🙂
- A trip to Japan – $lots – Yea, I really want this. 🙂
- Photoshop CS4 – $699 – I don’t use this much, but it’s awesome for web design! Stuck on a Trial Version atm.
- A new bike – ~$1k – I don’t have a bike… and I kinda want one.
- Anything else techy/cool. Because… I like to be techy and cool.
So, after looking at that list, you still think a Gift Card is too much? 😛 I’ll add more as I think of stuff. 🙂